I would like to thank you for making 2017 such a great year for me personally. I cannot thank you for your hard work and dedication. I cannot thank you enough for the love you have shown my family. It has been such a fantastic year. As we prepare for the 2018 year, I hope that you will find rest, comfort in family and friends, and inspiration in the season. You are in my prayers, and I can’t wait to see you all in 2018.
MOY PLP (Middle of the Year Professional Learning Plan)
This summer you all completed the Summer PLP to guide your learning this past summer. You took your learning and created your T-TESS Beginning of Year Goal. You met with your principal and decided what level on the Hierarchy of Instructional Excellence that you wanted to work on this semester.
Now, to guide your learning for the spring semester, you will need to complete the 1718 Winter BRISD PLP. This is a one page worksheet with supporting documents that align the Hierarchy to the T-TESS dimensions.
To get started:
- Click on the link.
- Click File → Make a Copy
- Rename the file: Last Name, First Name Winter BRISD PLP
- Read the directions and complete the information to make your spring semester goal.
- Send to your principal prior to your mid year conference.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact your principal.
Amy’s AnnouncementsTEACH LIKE A PINEAPPLE
Winners were Teresa Wade, Ronnie Keywork, Lisa Reeves, Andrew Carlson, Jennifer Stroup, Dena Hamilton, Alise Burke, Charlotte Todd (who was the FIRST TO TWEET!) Katie Pelzel, Patti Levi, and Laura Larsen and Roma Morgan.
Congrats to these teachers and thanks for participating.
More Teach Like a Pineapple in JANUARY!
JANUARY 8th STAFF LEARNING
January 8th is our next Staff Learning Day. Here’s the schedule for the day:
7:30 - 7:50 - Teachers will pick up their repaired Lenovo device in the HS Library
8:00 - 8:20 - Welcome - HS/MS Cafeteria
8:30 - 10:30 - Work on lesson planning (like 10/16 Staff Learning Day)
10:30 - 12:00 - Work in vertical teams
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch provided by the district
1:00 - 3:00 - Campus discretion
I have enjoyed working with all of you again this year. I love my school family!
A special thanks to the HS faculty for welcoming my Rachel to our BR family this year. She loves it here and I appreciate all you’re doing for her.
Merry Christmas to all of you! I pray God gives you rest and time to reflect on Him during this wonderful season.
** Accommodation Resources - http://www.br-impact.com/p/blog-page.html
** FA Instructions - https://goo.gl/kqmhBo
The process of collecting our Chromebooks for repair went so smoothly. MANY THANKS to these amazing staff members - Dena Hamilton and Eduardo Vargas - for the roles they played in the process. Thanks, Dena, for enlisting the help of a few HS students. Their help was invaluable.
- FREQUENTLY UPDATE YOUR EDUPHORIA WORKSHOP PORTFOLIO
- Be sure you are frequently updating with any ‘outside the normal workday’ professional learning. The district wants to keep a record of all learning taking place by BRISD staff. Also, you'll want to keep an accurate porfolio if your learning/PD and Eduphoria will do that! Here's a link to instructions on adding entries to your portfolio, if needed - https://goo.gl/gs8PrR
- Remember that when you attend a BR offered class and do the survey, it automatically grants credit to your portfolio.
- December classes are listed in Eduphoria and HERE - https://goo.gl/9YfN8r
- Make sure you sign up and complete the survey to receive credit.
The official Media Center hours at 7:00 - 4:00. Typically, many of us are here after that time. If you know you have needs after that time, give us a call and we will assist with your needs.
Be sure to arrive early for our Staff Learning day on Jan 8. Swing by the library between 7:30 - 7:50 and check back out the Lenovo Chromebook that was sent for repair.
Special Programs Announcements